Poled tents buying guide
A camping classic! The poled tent is a practical, cost effective way to enjoy camping. Lighter and easier to carry than air tents, the poled tent is a brilliant choice for new and experienced campers. Giving you high quality and flexibility at a great price.
Benefits of Outwell poled tents:
- Easy to carry
- Practical and long lasting
- Lots of handy features
- Wide range of styles and sizes to suit every adventure
Outwell poled tent collections
Quickly and easily pitched, the Outwell Encounter collection of poled tents is a firm favourite – and for good reason. Our entry-level poled tent collection is practical, versatile and durable. Available in sizes to sleep two, three, four and five people, there’s an Encounter tent for couples, families and groups of friends. The lighter weight of these tunnel and dome tents make them a great choice for touring holidays, just throw one in your car boot and go!
The Encounter collection is made up of Cloud, Earth and Dash tents.
- Detachable tub-style ground sheet – cuts out draughts, stops water coming into the tent and keeps insect outs. Easily removed for cleaning and fast to re-attach.
- Toggle-up Curtains and tinted windows – let in light but give you privacy when required.
- Pole Flex System – quality fibreglass poles that can handle windy weather and pack down to a compact size.
- Outtex® 3000 Select – a hardworking tent fabric that is ideal for general camping.
- Rear ventilation system – enhances airflow to keeps your tent fresh.
- Wind Guard System – ensures stability in high winds by using the guylines to link the tent flysheet to the poles, which spreads the force of the wind.
In the collection
Cloud poled tents
These lightweight dome tents provide ample living space and have an extended porch for storing your kit. Available in five sizes.
- Buy Cloud 2 man poled tent here
- Buy Cloud 3 man poled tent here
- Buy Cloud 4 man poled tent here
- Buy Cloud 5 man poled tent here
- Buy Cloud 5 Plus extra large 5 man poled tent here
Earth poled tents
These lightweight tunnel tents are ideal for action-packed adventures and offer generous storage space. Available in four sizes.
- Buy Earth 2 man poled tent here
- Buy Earth 3 man poled tent here
- Buy Earth 4 man poled tent here
- Buy Earth 5 man poled tent here
Dash poled tents
Dash tents features one large Dark Inner, which helps block out light at night to give you a better night’s sleep. Ideal for families and friends, there’s also a large porch for storage. Available in two sizes.
Our mid-level poled tent collection offers space, comfort and style at great prices. All Select poled tents offer standing height ceilings and Premier Bedrooms with Dark Inners. This lets you stretch out during the day and sleep better at night. Ideal for families, this tent collection offers a range of sizes from smaller 3 man tents to large pole tents that sleep up to 8 people.
The Select collection is made up of Oakwood, Springwood, Greenwood, Norwood and Winwood tents.
- Premier Bedrooms – private, spacious bedrooms with dark roof and wall panels to block out light at night and enhance sleep. There are storage pockets and mains cable entry points for electrics, like lights.
- Full Standing Height Ceilings – lots of space to stretch out.
- Panorama Opening – this lets you fully open the front of the tent so you can better enjoy the view and weather.
- Hooktrack System – lets you easily and safely run lighting cables through the tent.
- Outtex® 4000 Select – a tough, strong tent fabric, which has a higher waterproof rating that our standard, entry-level tents.
- Outwell Wind Stabilizer System – gives you even greater stability in windy weather.
- Quick & Quiet Inner Door – a silent magnetic strip lets you open and close the tent without a sound. Great at night when someone wants to go to the toilet without waking others in the tent.
- Rear Ventilation System – keeps air flowing round the tent so it doesn’t get stuffy.
In the collection
Oakwood poled tents
These fast pitching and lightweight tents are ideal for short breaks and touring. The front canopy gives all-weather protection. Available in two sizes.
Springwood poled tents
This range of family poled tents is ideal for summer holidays. There’s heaps of comfort and space with private bedrooms and a generous living area. On wet days, the rain safe side door means you can enter the tent without bringing in the rain. Available in two sizes.
Greenwood poled tents
Larger families will love this new range of large poled tents. There’s lots of space, large tinted windows and a deep canopy for shade and shelter outside. Available in two sizes.
Norwood poled tents
This large poled tent offers lots of space in three zones – a sleeping area with three private bedrooms, a middle living area and a front canopy area for storage, dining, playing or relaxing. Great for larger families or groups of friends.
- Buy Norwood 6 man poled tent here
Winwood poled tent
Go big with this extra large poled tent. The Winwood is a poled tunnel tent that sleeps up to 8 people.
- Buy Winwood 8 man poled tent here
Get extra space and home-from-home comfort on longer holidays with this top of the range poled tent collection. Ideal for avid campers, it offers amazing quality, lots of space and a lightweight packsize. Premium tents have the highest quality tent fabrics for enhanced breathability and all-weather protection. Ambassador Dark Inners in the private bedrooms offer maximum airflow and light blocking for a better night’s sleep. Ample headroom lets you stand up with ease, while the easy pegging system makes pitching quicker. So you can make the most of your holiday.
The Premium collection is made up of Nevada, Rockland, Montana, Colorado and Vermont tents.
- Ambassador Master Bedrooms – sleep better with extra floor space, full standing height ceilings and a dark roof and wall to reduce light. There are also entry cable points for lighting electrics.
- Full Standing Height Ceilings – lots of headroom for everyone.
- Zip-Up Curtains – let in as much light as you want
- Outtex® 6000 Pro – a super strong tent fabric created for our more luxurious tents. Has an extremely high waterproof rating.
- Panoramic View and Tinted Windows – make the most of the view but keep your privacy.
- Quick & Quiet Access – soundless magnetic door closures mean you can come and go without waking up those that are sleeping.
- Quick & Quiet Inner Doors – leave bedrooms silently. Ideal for quietly checking on kids or when you need to pop to the loo in the middle of the night.
- Hooktrack System – easily run lighting throughout the tent.
- Rear Ventilation System – keeps air flowing through the tent for a fresh feeling.
In the collection
Nevada poled tents
Luxurious tunnel poled tents for enhanced comfort and practicality. The two Ambassador Bedrooms and one large living space make Nevada tents ideal for family holidays. Available in two sizes.
Rockland poled tent
The Rockland gives you three separate areas – a bedroom area featuring two private bedrooms, a spacious living area and a front area for storage or relaxing. Available in one size.
- Buy Rockland 5P 5 man poled tent
Montana steel poled tent
Enjoy more space with the generously sized Montana steel poled tent. With its two 3 man bedrooms and huge living area, it’s an ideal tent for families and groups of friends. The pre-bent steel poles offer superb stability in windy weather.
- Buy Montana 6PE 6 man poled tent here
Colorado steel poled tent
This extra large steel poled tent has an extended front for heaps of space for the whole family or groups of friends. The pre-bent steel poles give outstanding stability in windy weather.
- Buy Colorado 6PE 6 man poled tent here
Vermont steel poled tent
Maximise your holiday with the ultra spacious Vermont 7PE. Sleeping up to 7 people, there’s plenty of room for large families or groups of friends. The spacious, light-filled living area gives you heaps of space to eat, play and relax. Ideal for extra comfy longer holidays.
- Vermont 7PE 7 man poled tent NEW 2021 https://www.outwell.com/en-gb/ecommerce/tents/poled-tents/vermont-7pe
Where to buy Outwell poled tents
View Outwell poled tents before you buy at one of our many dealerships across the UK.
Got a question we haven’t covered? We’re here to help
Prefer to buy your poled tents online? You can contact our customer service team for support before or after your Outwell purchase.